We are Hiring: Sales Estimators
A13 Steel group are currently recruiting for an experienced sales estimators from the Steel or Construction Industry to work for a fast growing steel fabrication business based in East London. This will involve working with variety of prospects and customers including Contractors, Architects, Developers, Engineers, Consultants other organisations.
- Communicate directly with small, medium and large building contractors face-to-face and on the telephone
- Assess labour, equipment and material required
- Read and accurately interpreting calculations and drawings
- Control and price variations
- Proven track record of estimating within the architectural metalwork, fabrication and steelworks industry
- Be able to meet targets and work with short deadlines
- To build and sustain strong and long-lasting relationships with the clients
- Take responsibility for ensuring tender is delivered to the appropriate place on time
- Production of consistent, error-free quotations to customers and assisting with any amendments in line with discussions within the sales team or direct contact with our customers
- Experience in the metal work industry as an estimator or sales person
- Knowledge of steel manufacturing, installation, building and material components
- Must have excellent Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge/experience with CAD AUTOCAD (advantageous)
- Ability to formulate quotations for architectural metal work, small structural support steel work, staircases etc.
- Excellent attention to detail, good numerical skills and the ability to work to deadlines is essential
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Polite and friendly telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills and great attention to detail
To ensure Safety is your highest priority
Ensure that you remain aware of the importance of safety at all times
Ensure that you complete your Safety training and follow safe working attitude at all times.
Ensure that you report any issues/concerns immediately
Ensuring the highest quality steelwork
Maintaining an excellent attention to detail at all times
Ensure any technical issues are reported immediately
Capable to work independently and under minimum supervision
Be responsible, dedicated and enthusiastic team player
Achieving our vision of being a No1 Steel Supplier can’t be achieved without us all pulling together and working as one team. You may therefore be asked at times to carry out other reasonable duties and attend meetings and training courses as needed.
At A13 Steel we take seriously our responsibility to carry out our business activities in a way which is sustainable, enabling us to meet our business objectives.
We encourage every employee to do their bit by:
- Taking responsibility for the efficient use of resources in their daily work activities, in order to reduce and/or eliminate unnecessary usage as much as possible without adversely affecting the business.
- Supporting and implementing any A13 approved initiatives regarding sustainability, energy management, charitable fundraising, positive people practices etc.
Job Type: Full-time