- Why Choose A13
- Contact Us
Job title: Tekla Draughtsmen
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Hours of work: Full time (Mon-Fri 7am – 4pm)
Flexibility is required to meet the needs of our business.
– Responsible to ensure to deliver excellent customer service to clients and ensuring that their expectations are exceeded on a daily basis.
– To have direct responsibility including daily, weekly and monthly reporting, systems, policies and procedures.
– Using computer-aided methods; create drawings on a computer, using software specifically designed for the purpose.
– Responsible for ensuring that the designs are produced in a timely manner and to the correct quality by taking the instruction of the design team seniors.
– To ensure Safety is your highest priority
– Ensure that you remain aware of the importance of safety at all times
– Ensure that you complete your Safety training and follow safe working attitude at all times.
– Ensure that you report any issues/concerns immediately
– Acknowledge new prospects at every opportunity
– Take ownership for potential client questions/concerns and ensure you follow up with all enquiries immediately
– Try to exceed expectations at every opportunity
– Ensure your desk and other areas you walk through are clean and tidy at all times and take ownership if it needs looking at.
– Ensure any technical issues are reported immediately.
Job role and responsibilities:
– Prepare Erection and Fabrication drawings 3D Models using Autodesk Advance Steel, TEKLA or other software.
– Do connection calculations following loads provided by the client’s engineer.
– Prepare calculation report by company standards.
– Create & Revise Hot & Cold Rolled Structural Steel Fabrication Drawings.
– Create & Revise Balustrade Fabrication Drawings.
– Create & Revise Staircases Fabrication Drawings.
– Survey Building sites.
– Liaise with customers via telephone, email and personally.
– Uploading or downloading drawings to icloud.
– Sending drawings by e-mail.
– Ensuring incoming and outgoing drawings are stored in accordance with company procedures.
– Ensuring drawings and calculation report are presented in accordance with standard company practice.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
– Experience at using Tekla at a high level is essential
– Ability to read and analyse engineering drawings and technical documentation.
– Ability to work to client specification
– Accurately produce accurate work in a fast paced environment
– Background in architectural metal drawing or steel structural design is essential
All Together Now:
Achieving our vision of being a No1 Steel Supplier can’t be achieved without us all pulling together and working as one team. You may therefore be asked at times to carry out other reasonable duties and attend meetings and training courses as needed.
At A13 Steel we take seriously our responsibility to carry out our business activities in a way which is sustainable, enabling us to meet our business objectives.
We encourage every employee to do their bit by:
Taking responsibility for the efficient use of resources in their daily work activities, in order to reduce and/or eliminate unnecessary usage as much as possible without adversely affecting the business.
Supporting and implementing any A13 approved initiatives regarding sustainability, energy management, charitable fundraising, positive people practices etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Please apply by sending your cv’s and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's chat about your requirement